Monday, October 20, 2008

Poured Out

Jesus said, "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'" ...You'd better know that you are already filled. Because those rivers are flowing out of you, and you're going to have a hard time getting a drink for yourself. Your tongue isn't quite long enough to reach those rivers of living water flowing out of you. Why? Because they are for somebody else. You don't need to drink. You are permanently drunk. You don't need to eat. You're already fat on the Spirit. You're filled.

If we see ourselves as a liability or as hungry and thirsty, we'll say,"I've got to have some of that for me, then I'll give some away." But we're getting free of that, aren't we? We have no need...in the spirit realm, because Jesus has promised us, "I am your sufficiency. I am your filling."

From The Rest of the Gospel by Dan Stone

No comments: