Friday, September 5, 2008

Random Thoughts

I couldn't sleep, and I woke up thinking about God and what He's done in my life over the past few weeks.

Yesterday, I had the realization that Jesus is blooming inside of me. I know that sounds trite, but I have no other way to describe it. He's unfolding in me like the petals of a flower. Jesus, “the true vine", is growing in me, and the first tender shoots of foliage are emerging. Fruit WILL come. That's a promise. I have asked the Father to show me His love for me and He has been faithful and allowed the wonderful "first tastes" of it. I love them both more every day – maybe for the first time in my life. Sad isn’t it.

I sometimes wonder why He doesn't reveal completely the depths of His love to man. Would we not be able to comprehend it in our current state? If He were to supernaturally reveal how much He truly and completely loves us, would it kill us? I don't know. I do know that I asked Him to reveal His love, and He has been faithful to do so, in little baby steps.

When I first started this journey, I determined the only thing I was going to "do" was to abide and rest in Him, and allow Him to change me from the inside out. But if this makes any sense, I didn't (and still don't really) even understands what that meant - I just accepted it by faith - and continue to do so, one day at a time.

This brings me to another article about me He has changed - the fact that I am living one day at a time and not anxious for tomorrow. I have a new peace that passes understanding.

As I mentioned His promises earlier, they are what He kept bringing to my mind before I started this journey. Where were these promises? I wanted the Joy, Peace, and Rest that every believer is promised.

I now enjoy reading His word – it has new meaning for me. As I once considered it an obligation, I now look forward to reading the words of Jesus, God’s Anointed.

PLEASE believe me when I say this, but I have “done” nothing and I am NOT boasting in my flesh – this is all God in me.

Praise be to Him to will finish His good work. I trust Him, and finally understand (just a little) what that means.

1 comment:

Aida said...

"Yesterday, I had the realization that Jesus is blooming inside of me."

I like that, John. I don't think it's trite. I think it's very descritive of this new life in him.