Monday, August 25, 2008

Amazing Contact Last Week with a saint in St. Louis

Hi, John ~ The Spirit is urging me to encourage you on your journey and to tell you to strengthen your faith. I know that God loves me and wants to use me to nurture and bless others. Keep the faith, John. He hasn't brought you this far to leave you. Remember II Cor 12:9 and be blessed ~

Damon



Wow. Thanks Damon.

I had thought I arrived spiritually when I became a Deacon about 10 years ago, but it took having to give up our “home” (church) where we had been for 17 years. It is one of the hardest things I have ever done.

I had become so dead that I began to question everything. But God is good!!! It took shaking off all of the work and actually having a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus. The only thing I clung to was my faith in the finished work of Jesus and I started all over again – RE-learning and UN-learning. I was raised a Baptist and now at 45, I don’t know where He will lead me, but I am taking one step at a time and seeking His face. He has shown me the diversity of the Body, which has been one of the biggest things for me to understand. I have to admit that as an Independent Baptist that I was an elitist – i.e. WE (independent Baptists) had the BEST answer, and our church in particular had THE best answer. That thinking now repulses me and I am ashamed because of it.

One day I hope to be as in touch with the Spirit as you, and I thank my God for allowing our paths to cross on our Journey on this earth.

Can I share your email on my Blog as to encourage others?

John


Glory to God!! Of course you can share the email. I was raised in the A.M.E. church. It was a great experience filled with many positives and negatives. One thing I learned was that God is in control ~ not me. But, you know, John, I didn't really begin to learn until I 'emptied my cup'. At that juncture of my life a great deal of ignorance began to melt away from me. The main thing that seemed to matter was SERVICE. More and more, I was called upon and the Lord began to place opportunities before me...opportunities to be a part of the blessings that he was about to deliver in the lives of others. It doesn't matter to me if my name is mentioned or if I get recognition. The only thing that matters is letting people know that God loves them and wants them to have a good and prosperous life that is bountifully blessed and connected to Him. He's God all by himself and doesn't need us. But, what a blessing it is that He created us to be co-creators along with Him.
-- Damon Loper

No comments: