Sunday, August 24, 2008

July 10, 2008 Letter to a Friend

(Note from John: I have gone back and tried to recreate my line of thought from the middle of June until now. Even though the postings may not be in order, read in order of the Title Dates - this should be correct going forward)

Dear X. I hope you don't think I'm to compel you to convince you differently!!! The insidiousness of mediocrity is that it doesn't necessarily shipwreck faith - we just live our entire life in it while not accessing the Life that we are promised.

I am coming to realize that we are dead to sin - I know, I know, of course we are, but it is deeper than that. I have read so much on the subject of Grace and the meaning of the Blood and Cross of Christ lately that it has opened my eyes to a lot of things. Please pray that God reveals to my heart what my head "knows". If you get a chance, read a little bit of the attached book. It was written by Watchman Nee who I have never heard of until a week ago. He spent the last 20 years of his life in a Chinese prison where he also died.

Love,
J

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/nee/normal.i.html

No comments: